The official student news site of The Benjamin Middle School in North Palm Beach, FL

The Neersyde

The Neersyde

The Neersyde

Spring Music Concert

Pablo Casals once said “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful. Poetic things to the heart” and that’s what the Benjamin school did in the spring music Concert.

Every winter and spring, the middle school and high school students put together a production to showcase their hard work throughout the year with singing, strings, and band. You can listen to many wonderful pieces throughout the music festival. Mr. Faus said “ This concert to me, I enjoy it because it’s a concert we see growth” and he loves to listen to the kids play their hard work in front of people.   

The Middle school strings performed some of their pieces, but also with the middle school band. They have been working on some difficult pieces to put in the Concert and Finale throughout the year. One of their pieces was “Spring” in which 8th Grader Taylor McCorkle had a solo in and he said it took him “10 Minutes” to learn and master the solo. “My Favorite Piece was Spring,” said Taylor McCorkle, with him having a solo in it, it was his favorite piece out of all of them. Spring was the first piece of the string ensemble set and it was a wonderful piece to start on and tie into the theme. Their set also consisted of King Court, which was a fast-paced song with different ways of playing the violins and violas. Ever since coming back in the third semester, the strings group wired every single class to get ready for this performance.    

Mr. Ransom Miller conducts a piece

The second performance group was The Middle School Band. Throughout the year, they played four different songs. Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, The Tempest, and Olympian Pursuit. The band has been working hard since their last performance in the winter with brand-new pieces. They also played these pieces on their band trip to Universal. The music they played tied into their trip and a fresh start to a new beginning. Eighth grader, Nash Mackenzie said, “My favorite part of the concert was that our middle schoolers were able to co-mingle with the high schoolers.”. The middle school strings, Band, and upper school band performed one last piece to end off the concert.

The final piece they played was “Smoke on the Water” which the middle school and upper school bands seamlessly joined together to play for the finale. As this was the last time the seniors were playing, this was also the last time the Eighth graders would play in this concert as middle schoolers and continue their journey in music. All the hard work from months ago was shown in an hour and ten minutes. As Ray Bradbury once said “hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice”