The official student news site of The Benjamin Middle School in North Palm Beach, FL

The Neersyde

The Neersyde

The Neersyde

Happy…Midterms?

‘Tis the season to study
Melea Morgan
7th grader Izzy Knott works on review packets

Every year before winter and summer break, students take their exams. As of now, the TBS students are receiving study guides for their first semester exams. Many students have different ways of studying. Some cram, some start very early, and some do not study at all. 

“I usually study about the week before or two before each exam,” says eighth grader Allison Kelly

8th graders Lia Interlandi and Gavin Shryoc work together (Melea Morgan)he week or two before each exam.” Says eighth-grader Allison Kelly. 

Middle school students have to complete five exams over the course of three days. Students take the math, English, science, history, and world language exams. Many students voted that English will be the most difficult, although history is a close second. 

“I think English is going to be the most difficult because this is the first year we had to make our own study guide for the exam,” says eighth-grader Amia Fleming Lake.  

Middle school academic dean, Mrs. Oster makes a study plan every year to help students with time management. Almost all students use this tool every year to help study. 

“I used to have a lot of trouble with organization and time management and it was something I put together to help students.” Says Mrs. Oster. “I did the first one for my advisory then I just started sending it out to the whole 7th grade then it turned into the whole school getting the guide.” 

With organization and preparation, students can position themselves to do their very best. Although this is a busy and stressful time, students can look forward to a well deserved two-week winter break that is ahead. Good luck on midterms and happy holidays!