Benjamin’s Got Talent Set for May 27

The Middle School’s annual talent show is slated for the last day of school this year.

It’s time to show the world what you can do! Or at least the Benjamin Middle School… but still! The middle school students can’t wait to see the talents that their peers possess during this year’s Benjamin’s Got Talent (BGT), an event that has become an end-of-year tradition over the past few years.

The show will take place on the last day of school, May 27, giving students quite the day to look forward to at the end of the school year. All the students will gather in the Barker Performing Arts Center to witness the variety of acts that will take place. 

Anticipating the show since the middle of the quarter, the students have had plenty of time to formulate their own opinions about BGT.

“I am quite excited for Benjamin’s Got Talent as it lets me see what interesting talents my peers have,” said eighth grader James Tepper.

“I’m kind of excited about Benjamin’s Got Talent because it will be interesting and fun to see talents that people don’t display in public,” said fellow eighth grader Anabelle Persson.

The acts range from a display of musicianship from the Middle School Performance Ensemble to dances from the Sparklers to some songs sung by students. “I am excited to perform as this is my second year doing this with Treasure Stein,” said eighth grader RJ Pierman, who will be doing a marimba duet of Mozart’s Rondo Alla Turca. “I think Treasure and I will put on a good show because we are both good musicians,” he said.

“I think we are going to put on a phenomenal show,” said eighth grader Bella Blount, a member of the Sparklers, the Middle School’s dance team. “We are almost experts at the dances we will be performing, and we have worked on them for months. I think all of us are excited to be able to show the school what we can do, and I think all of us are prepared for an amazing show,” she said. 

All of the acts have to be  approved by Fine Arts Department Chair Ms. Nancy McAllister and her fellow fine arts teachers to make sure they are  school appropriate in terms of content, lyrics, costumes, etc.

One of those teachers, Middle School Band Director Mr. Bruce Huber, is excited about the platform BGT provides the students.

Benjamin’s Got Talent is an excellent opportunity for students to share their artistic work with the middle school community outside of the regular arts classrooms,” said Huber.

That’s all folks! The middle school can’t wait for what their peers have in store for them. From music to dance performances  this show will surely be a class act!