Announcements – Thursday, May 6, 2021

• Are you talented? Of course you are! After all, you’re a TBS student! Well, now you have a chance to share your unique skills and talents with your peers. That’s right, Benjamin’s Got Talent (BGT) is back! Fill out the registration form here, and find out more about guidelines and submissions here. All videos need to be received by Mr. Crisafi no later than Friday, May 14.

• Covid Protocol – please do not drink out of water fountains. They are used only to fill bottles.

• Students, please be sure to bring to school every day your refillable water bottle with your name on it.

• Remote Online Learning: Students and parents must send an email to either Mr. Hagy or Mrs. Lokitus before staying home for online learning. The nurses keep a record when students are not in person for classes and must contact parents when students are not present.

• Students, please remember that you must be sent home through the clinic or the middle school office administration. You may NOT text or call your parents and have them come pick you up from school when you wish during the school day. All calls home during the school day must be made from the Middle School Office, not personal cell phones.

• Food in the mornings, at breaks, after school before ETC/Athletics: During these times, please eat your snacks/candy in designated lunch/snack areas where it is possible to be physically distant. Keep your masks on as much as possible. Thank you.

• Health and Safety on Campus

• Break – 6 ft. distance.

• Lunch – 6 ft. distance (outside and inside)

• Eating outside: Advisory groups can use any outdoor space with chairs/tables to accommodate this – students must be 6 feet apart.

• Lunch tables and chairs have been moved into groups of 4. Please do not move the chairs from this configuration.  

• Fields at Lunch – 6 ft. distance

• Masks – Must wear properly – over the nose.

• Wash/sanitize hands as often as possible.

• Important Updates Regarding Health and Safety:

With cases of COVID-19 rising nationally and within Palm Beach County, the following precautions must take effect immediately.

No Field Play Before School: Upon arrival, students need to walk to their first period classroom. They may sit outside and wait for class in their classroom groups if students are physically distant with masks on. This keeps students, as much as possible, in their pods during this unstructured time. We purchased chairs for this. Though the admin. team is trying to supervise students, teachers need to check on them as well.

Unfortunately, we can’t allow field play at break: We need to follow our established procedure and release by pod: One grade level pod outside to eat a snack; the other pod eating a snack in the classroom. At the second bell, all students (inside and outside) go to their next period classrooms. If we allow field play at this time, we mix student groups in an unsupervised situation, greatly increasing chances of exposure in our community.

We all need to wear our masks properly – everyone.

• Students should refrain from playing basketball on the basketball courts unless in PE class.